Sri Lankan Cardinal expresses disappointment on Easter Sunday attacks probe

    12-Feb-2021
|
Sri Lankan Cardinal Malcolm Cardinal Ranjith expressed disappointment over the probe in the 2019 Easter Sunday blasts in three churches. The Cardinal also said that the investigations have only focused on the failure to prevent the attack and not on the possible masterminds who had been behind it.
 
Sri Lanka Cardinal.jpg_1& 
 
The Cardinal said: "We shall have to see what the government does after submitting the report. If this does not happen, there are international organizations abroad and we will act accordingly, seeking the assistance of these organizations in order to achieve some justice".
 
"Those investigations seemed as if they were carried out for the sake of investigating with no genuine interest. I have therefore decided on an alternative approach in relation to one specific matter through the courts. You will learn about it soon," he said.
 
Nine suicide bombers belonging to local Islamist extremist group National Thawheed Jamaat (NTJ) linked to ISIS carried out a series of devastating blasts that tore through three churches and as many luxury hotels on April 21, 2019, killing 258 people, including 11 Indians.
 
Also Read